ads

วันจันทร์ที่ 17 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2557

นิทานอีสปเรื่อง เห็บกับชายคนหนึ่ง (The Flea and the Man)



The Flea and the Man 

A MAN, very much annoyed with a Flea, caught him at last, and said, “Who are you who dare to feed on my limbs, and to cost me so much trouble in catching you?’ The Flea replied, “O my dear sir, pray spare my life, and destroy me not, for I cannot possibly do you much harm.”



The Man, laughing, replied, “Now you shall certainly die by mine own hands, for no evil, whether it be small or large, ought to be tolerated.”

นิทานอีสปเรื่อง เห็บกับชายคนหนึ่ง
“Live and let live, is the Rule of common Justice; but if People will be troublesome on the one hand, the Obligation is discharg’d on the other.

นิทานเรื่อง เห็บกับชายคนหนึ่ง (The Flea and the Man)
A MAN, very much annoyed with a Flea, caught him at last, and said, “Who are you who dare to feed on my limbs, and to cost me so much trouble in catching you?’
ชายคนหนึ่งรำคาญตัวเห็บที่รบกวนเขาเป็นอย่างมาก  เขาจึงจับมันและพูดว่า เจ้าเป็นใครถึงได้กล้ามาดูดเลือดบนแขนของฉัน และสร้างความยุ่งยากให้กับฉันในการไล่จับตัวเจ้า?”

The Flea replied, “O my dear sir, pray spare my life, and destroy me not, for I cannot possibly do you much harm.”
เจ้าเห็บตอบชายหนุ่มกลับไปว่า โอ้นายท่าน ข้าจะอ้อนวอนขอชีวิตของข้า และขอให้ท่านอย่าทำร้ายข้าเลย เพราะข้าไม่อาจทำให้ท่านบาดเจ็บได้อีกแล้ว

The Man, laughing, replied, “Now you shall certainly die by mine own hands, for no evil, whether it be small or large, ought to be tolerated.”
ชายผู้นั้นหัวเราะแล้วตอบเจ้าเห็บกลับไปว่าตอนนี้ เจ้าจะต้องตายด้วยมือของฉันอย่างแน่นอน เพราะว่าเราไม่ควรยอมรับสิ่งชั่วร้ายใด ๆ ก็ตาม ไม่ว่ามันจะตัวเล็กหรือใหญ่

นิทานเรื่องนี้สอนให้รู้ว่า 
“Live and let live, is the Rule of common Justice; but if People will be troublesome on the one hand, the Obligation is discharg’d on the other.
การมีชีวิตอยู่หรือการให้ชีวิต คือ กฎการตัดสินขั้นพื้นฐาน หากแต่เป็นสิ่งยากที่ผู้คนจะทำได้

คำศัพท์น่ารู้ (Vocabulary)
annoy (v.)  =  ทำให้รำคาญ, รบกวน 
limb (n.)  =  แขนหรือขา 
harm (n.)  =  การบาดเจ็บ 
ought to (AUX)  =  ควรจะ







ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น