ads

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 13 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

นิทานอีสปเรื่อง สิงโต กับ นกอินทรีย์ (The Lion and the Eagle)

The Lion and the Eagle
An eagle stayed his flight and asked a lion to make an alliance with him to both their benefit. The lion replied, "I have no problem with that, but I need you to give me something so I can trust your word. Because how can I trust anyone as a friend who is able to fly away from his bargain whenever he wants?
                                                 
                                                     “Try before you trust”

นิทานอีสปเรื่อง สิงโต กับ นกอินทรีย์
นิทานเรื่อง สิงโต กับ นกอินทรีย์ (The Lion and the Eagle) An eagle stayed his flight and asked a lion to make an alliance with him to both their benefit.
เจ้านกอินทรีย์ซึ่งกำลังบินอยู่ ได้เจรจาให้เจ้าสิงโตมาเป็นเพื่อนกับมันเพื่อจะได้ผลประโยชน์ร่วมกัน

The lion replied, "I have no problem with that, but I need you to give me something so I can trust your word.
แต่เจ้าสิงโตได้ตอบกลับไปว่า "ข้าน่ะไม่มีปัญหาหรอกที่จะเป็นเพื่อนกับเจ้า แต่เจ้าต้องให้สิ่งที่สามารถเป็นหลักประกันบางอย่างที่ทำให้ข้ามั่นใจได้ซะก่อน

Because how can I trust anyone as a friend who is able to fly away from his bargain whenever he wants?"
เพราะว่าจะให้ข้าเชื่อใจเพื่อนที่มีปีกเช่นเจ้าได้อย่างไร ในเมื่อเจ้าสามารถบินหนีไปเมื่อไหร่ก็ได้ ถ้าเจ้าไม่พอใจข้อต่อรองที่เจ้าต้องการ"

นิทานเรื่องนี้สอนให้รู้ว่า
“Try before you trust”
“ไตร่ตรองให้รอบคอบก่อนที่จะตัดสินใจเชื่อ”

คำศัพท์น่ารู้ (Vocabulary)
alliance (n.) = พันธมิตร                      benefit (n.) = กำไร, ประโยชน์
trust (n.) = ความไว้วางใจ                    bargain (v.) = ต่อรอง
whenever (CONJ) = เมื่อไรก็ตาม          reply (v.) = ตอบกลับ




ขอขอบคุณหนังสือ : 50 นิทานอีสป โดย กัญญาภัค บุญแก้ว

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น