ads

วันพุธที่ 3 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2554

นิทานอีสปเรื่อง หม้อสองใบ (The Two Pots)

THE TWO POTS

Two Pots had been left on the bank of a river, one of brass, and one of earthenware. When the tide rose they both floated off down the stream. Now the earthenware pot tried its best to keep aloof from the brass one, which cried out: "Fear nothing, friend, I will not strike you."  "But I may come in contact with you," said the other, "if I come too close; and whether I hit you, or you hit me, I shall suffer for it."

                             “The strong and the weak cannot keep company.”
นิทานอีสปเรื่อง หม้อสองใบ

นิทานเรื่อง หม้อสองใบ (The Two Pots)
Two Pots had been left on the bank of a river, one of brass, and one of earthenware.
มีหม้อสองใบถูกทิ้งไว้ที่ริมแม่น้ำแห่งหนึ่ง ใบหนึ่งทำจากทองเหลือง ส่วนอีกใบทำจากดินเผา

When the tide rose they both floated off down the stream.
เมื่อระน้ำขึ้นสูง หม้อทั้งสองก็ถูกพัดลอยลงไปในกระแสน้ำ

Now the earthenware pot tried its best to keep aloof from the brass one, which cried out: "Fear nothing, friend, I will not strike you."
ตอนนี้เองหม้อดินได้พยายามที่จะรักษาระยะห่างจากหม้อทองเหลืองอย่างเต็มที่ แม้ว่าหม้อทองเหลืองจะร้องตะโกนว่า “ไม่ต้องกลัวหรอกเพื่อนเอ๋ย ข้าจะไม่กระแทกเจ้าหรอก”

"But I may come in contact with you," said the other, "if I come too close; and whether I hit you, or you hit me, I shall suffer for it."
“แต่ข้าอาจเข้าไปใกล้เจ้าได้” หม้ออีกใบตอบ “หากข้าเข้าใกล้เจ้ามากเกินไป ไม่ว่าข้ากระแทกเจ้า หรือเจ้ากระแทกข้า ข้าก็มีแต่จะพังเท่านั้น”

นิทานเรื่องนี้สอนให้รู้ว่า
“The strong and the weak cannot keep company.”
"ความแข็งแกร่งและความอ่อนแอไม่อาจร่วมทางกันได้”

คำศัพท์น่ารู้ (Vocabulary)
brass (n.)   =   ทองเหลือง                   
earthenware (n.)   =   เครื่องดินเผา
float (v.)   =   ลอยตามน้ำ                     
aloof (adv.)   =   ห่างไกล
strike (v.)   =   ปะทะ, กระแทก
strong (n.)   =   ความแข็งแรง
weak (n.)   =   ความอ่อนแอ
company (n.)   =   หมู่เพื่อนฝูง, การคบค้า

1 ความคิดเห็น: